Translate Prepare Learn Languages

Friday, March 6, 2015

One critical thing I learn from work: Manage your time


#1 key to more enjoyment, more net happiness, more success. #1 Manage your time.


The most important thing I learned from Work/Life when they inevitably intermingle: No matter what you give up, how you reorganize, what your family plan is, or how many career changes are part of your life; when you make those changes, manage your time, and your cup will still fill right back up.

The only difference I have noted, is what the cup fills up with.

Here is a quick take-away, "Your time is more Valuable than your money, make it Fabulous."

When I was surrounded in the muck and pollution of post-Katrina disaster recovery in a land known as "cancer alley;" I could quit, change positions, change titles, become a full time unpaid volunteer; cut off, make myself up - over and again. My cup would fill up with whatever was surrounding it.

The closer I was to floodwaters; trash, refuse, and general devastation left behind by them, the more my cup was filling with dark waters. Turning off, tuning in - checking out and retreating gave space.

Learn from those who have found ways out. Benefit from the experiences of those who do well.


And, do not be afraid to drink more coffee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment