Translate Prepare Learn Languages

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Dental Vacation

Imagine taking you and your best friends to Argentina, Peru, Chile, Uruguay or other great South American countries! Visiting the Andes. Travel to the wine country of Argentina.

I had some Dental trauma. Most of it was not improved by 25 years of heavy smoking.

Now that I am four years into my recovery it was time to invest in the face I want to show the world going forward. So, I invested in my family and a dental vacation.

What is a dental vacation?



I recently heard back from a cousin who has good dental insurance. In addition to paying insurance his family paid more than $7000 for two implants. They are thrilled, in the US they could have paid a lot more. That price may not  be the norm. But, what I keep coming across is extraordinary.

So, for some perspective, I anm very happy with all of the work I have had done. In short, I have a great dentist (implantologo - implantologist) who has rebuilt my gums, my jaw bone, and has put in three implants. Two of these will have their final permanent crowns when I leave. She thought ahead. I have a nother tooth that may need to be replaced in the next couple years; so, she put in support enough for the next [read: no new implants needed later].

Now my cost is high. about $12k. But this includes our flights (two adults and 1.5 children).

And... five months housing and cost of living, some travel, plus the birth and both pre and post care for our daughter; and, schooling for our son. Oh, and we have not scrimped.

So, in a year I want to bring some families back; maybe retirees, mabe self employed, maybe people who just want a sabbatical, maybe adventuring YOU!!??


There are many other medical vacations. The reason I am describing mine is because I think it has another implicit joyful experience included - you would need to be here for at least three and a half months. But, for three months of that time, if you are having an implant, you just need to rest and renew yourself. Of course, you could go back and return. But, why? If you can do it, stay a while - See South America. The prices may change a little. But, the care and quality of care will not.

I made some changes and started living a little below my means. I saved and reduced. What a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment