Translate Prepare Learn Languages

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

In the past six months I have realized that six great friends and mentors.... passed on without my knowing, or when I had just gotten in touch with them. Everyone I was saying this to. Everyone. So, RUN AND HIDE because I do not want to put any sort of death wish on you. I want your freedom.

$5000. It is 10 to 20 times what poor families are living off of in a year. It is the total amount of money earth has in its total resources for you. Everytime we spend more per year we are literally creating an imbalance where for our 'survival' we have to take money and resources from others less fortunate (or just less wealthy). Or, we take it as our own economic debt we have measured against the world. We say, "I am worth this much more than the world allows me (or I am willing to bear)."

Does not have to be this way. And, yet, those of us who are trying do not have the first inkling of how to change. We could be like Jesus and Ghandiji and give up monies and live off nothing. But we can't.

So here is a hypocritical proposal which I think could be provisional because it leads somewhere....

Plan to give $5000 per year to make changes in yourself, for a friend, for a stranger, or in community.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment