Translate Prepare Learn Languages

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Want to visit the ruins of a long abandoned rain forest trading post?


This is the kind of story I love reading.



It brings me close to a place that I might never visit "Airao". The name says Amazon. A place, one might say, that would be hard to visit; and, by hard, what I want to imply for you is uncomfortable, not easy, sweaty.

Sure, the food will be delicious, like Paca, or turtle; but it is not what you are eating back home.


And, I love the character, a Japanese farmer who migrated with his parents to Brazil sixty years ago. Nakayama, our hero - the 'Hermit of the Jungle."

There have been documentaries done about him. He is respected by Brazilian academics and authorities.

His is a simple mission: respecting, conserving, stewarding the imminent decay and take over by nature of a forgotten Rubber Plantation trading post.



This is a place I can take you to. Here in my blogosphere. Or, in person, you, your family, some friends, our family, all together - riding the 'recreos' of the Amazon Basin, Visiting Manaus, Belem, Salvador. Carnival?

And I can get you there on an authentic experience : Meeting people, feeling unrushed, breathing wet airs.



No comments:

Post a Comment