Translate Prepare Learn Languages

Thursday, May 14, 2015

World arguments about 'my religion'


Religion, Faith, and Spirituality are not the same nor mutually exclusive.

I observe a lot of evangelical and simply religious conversations among the devoted and recently converted. Everyone knows, most of us like to hear ourselves talk. So, in religion, we are often looking for others to join - our camp; precisely because we know we are in a 'camp;' that there are other camps; in a way threatening.




I also consider myself a faithful, if recent, adherent to world spirituality in all its camps. My god has given me a sense that to accept divinity at all and in ANYONE I must accept it in all.

And, I feel connected not just to my birth country of patriots, nor to the surrounding cultures - but to this planet; embracing much difference.



Even as I often mightily struggle to gain even a foothold on that which seems beyond my comprehension or taste... the simple act of acceptance, my vision of humanity, belief in science, and the majesty of the Universe; all countenance pain, all relax and give me ease, and within the inner peace; I can love more strongly this earth and its humanity.



I hope to measure my life in actions. Life may be measured in acts of faith and morality.


I rely on my understanding, compassion, and belief that we are connected backwards and forwards, across history and within our immediate and every day actions. A moment can change everything and in fact it does.




Even the rock is passing passificity and spirit and can be considered 'alive' in various forms.

There are rocks on this planet, right now, basking in sun, who have as much spirituality as most of us!!

So, what do I observe?

Life is the Universe and the Sun giving warmth to gods, spirits, inheritance, descendants, memory, art.




A lot of the time I see people arguing in semantics. Ours is a "my god is a just god" reasoning that also posits that we both Know god and also there is a specific Prescription; one which we or our church have Divined.

We would not want to admit it; but, largely our context of religion is god serving just our earthly interests!




In latin America that argument is particularly palpable; and almost entirely divisive; except that it seems almost no one takes it seriously; more God is not only open to interpretation - it is a negotiation.

Alas, many of my fore bearers delivered this 'good news.' What do we make of it? Cures for negotiation?





I am uncertain.







No comments:

Post a Comment